This is an analysis of the poem Freier Tag that begins with:
Weißt du, was so ein Tag ist -? Solch ein Tag,
Da nicht mit schriller Stimme schon am Morgen...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbaXXX XbXXXbXXbX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,10,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1011111111 111111011110 1111110110 1111111011 110010010100 1111100100 0101010 1101010010 011111 1111011111 1101110110 0111011111 111111101 1100011001 010111100 11110011 1101011000
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 351
- Average number of words per stanza: 65
- Amount of lines: 17
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; in, und, t, die, ein are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word da is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Freier Tag;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.