This is an analysis of the poem Freiwillige that begins with:
Wir waren lange ohne rechten Sinn
Und waren doch da und immer bereit....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXaXXX bXbbXXXXX XXXXX XXXXbXaXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 9,9,5,10,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11011101 1101111010 10111100110 1011 01011000 11001101 1111111011 111111110 11110 110111101 1111110 1111011101 1101101011 1111100100 11 1111011 11111101110 11111 11101111 11011111 11111 11011100 1111 111110 11111 110111 111111 111111 11 1111 110111 101101001010 11111000
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 250
- Average number of words per stanza: 48
- Amount of lines: 33
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; und, wir, f, r, ein are repeated.
The author used the same word wir at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines ck is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Freiwillige;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.