This is an analysis of the poem Unadorned that begins with:
Regardless of the cries of priests and sages
I strove to give my bleeding soul her wages ; ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabAAccbCCdXdbDD
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 16,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 01000101110 11011101010 1101110001 01010100010 01010100010 1110011101 1001010111 1001001101 0101010101 0101010101 1111111101 110101111 1 1111111101 1111011111 1111011111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 648
- Average number of words per stanza: 127
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, find, i, not are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words is, the, and, i are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines ages, place, well are repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Unadorned;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.