This is an analysis of the poem Adele that begins with:
Adele ! a name that kindled in the breast
Of France's first-born of the fairest Muse ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbaaXbababaXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 0101110001 0101100101 0101010101 1101011001 1111010101 0111011101 1111110101 1110011101 01110111110 0101110011 01010111010 1001010111 01111101110 01111111111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 612
- Average number of words per stanza: 121
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, i, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Adele;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.