This is an analysis of the poem Two Rogues that begins with:
Dim, grim, and silent as a ghost,
The sentry occupied his post,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaaabbbbXXXXccddXXeeffeecccXggddaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 34,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11110101 01010101 01010001 01011101 01010111 01011101 11111101 10010101 010111110 01011001 10110100 110011110 01011101 010111010 01010101 010010101 1111110010 1100111100 01011111 111111001 11111011 11110101 01010111 01010101 111101110 110000010 01011110 01010100 01010101 01000101 11011111 01010101 11010101 111100101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1192
- Average number of words per stanza: 219
- Amount of lines: 34
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, ', foul are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines ' is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Two Rogues;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.