This is an analysis of the poem Two Statesmen that begins with:
In that fair city by the inland sea,
Where Blaine unhived his Presidential bee,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbccddeeaaffgghhddiiddffjXkkkkffkkhhllaajj
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 44,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 0111010111 11100010101 1101001101 01011101001 0001001101 0101010101 1101010101 1111010101 10001010101 0111010101 01001010101 1001010001 1111010101 11001110001 1111011101 1001010101 0111010001 0101010111 1001010001 1110110001 1101000101 0101110001 1000010101 0111010111 1101010001 0101110101 1101010011 1111010101 01001100001 1011010101 1101110101 1101010101 0100011101 1001111101 1111010101 0100111101 1111010101 01100010101 1001010111 1111100101 1111110101 11110110101 11011110101 1101010101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1937
- Average number of words per stanza: 336
- Amount of lines: 44
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, and, his, their are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Two Statesmen;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.