This is an analysis of the poem Industrial Discontent that begins with:
As time rolled on the whole world came to be
A desolation and a darksome curse;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcc ddddeX fbfbdd gagaff ehehhX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1111011100 0101010101 1111110111 0011010101 11110101010 01010100010 1111010101 1001010101 1101110101 0101110101 010111010010 0001000110 1101111101 0101110101 1101110111 1011010101 11111101010 01111101010 1111110101 0101110011 10111101001 1101111111 0101010101 111110101 1101011000 0101010111 0101011011 0101011111 011101001010 11010111011
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 260
- Average number of words per stanza: 48
- Amount of lines: 30
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; her is repeated.
The author used the same word 'the at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Industrial Discontent;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.