This is an analysis of the poem Master Of Three Arts that begins with:
Your various talents, Goldenson, command
Respect: you are a poet and can draw.... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcc dadaee fgfgff hihijj eXeXcX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 11001010001 0111010111 0001011101 1101010101 01111101010 11111100010 0111000111 1101111111 1101011001 01010000111 11010111010 11100101010 1100110101 1101010101 1101011111 1110111011 111101010011 110101001110 1101000101 0101111101 0101110101 1111000111 11111101010 11010101110 1101111101 01110101110 1111110111 01010001010 11011111110 11010111110
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 255
- Average number of words per stanza: 49
- Amount of lines: 30
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, i, to are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words and, i are repeated.
The author used the same word i at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Master Of Three Arts;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.