This is an analysis of the poem A Wet Season that begins with:
The rain is fierce, it flogs the earth,
And man's in danger.... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcded fgfgehXh cXcXXcXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01010101 11010 11110111 11010 01010101 01010 11100101 11010 01010101 101010 00010011 00010 111110111 11110 11011111 00010 01110101 01100 010101101 11010 011101110 01010 10010101 1011
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 214
- Average number of words per stanza: 42
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Wet Season;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.