This is an analysis of the poem Into The Country Of The Gadarenes that begins with:
Arthritic fingers of the olive trees
Accuse the sun of ancient injuries. ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aa bb aa bb cc dd dd ee bb dd ff cc cc gg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 0101000101 0101010100 0101001101 1101010001 01011101101 0100011001 0101010101 1111110101 1101010101 0111010101 110111101 1101010001 0101010101 0111010101 0101111101 1111010101 0101110001 0111010101 0100011111 1001001101 1001001101 0100011101 1101111101 1101000101 0100011101 0111010101 0101111101 01001011101
- Amount of stanzas: 14
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 82
- Average number of words per stanza: 15
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; he is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words we, the are repeated.
The author used the same words the, a at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Into The Country Of The Gadarenes;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.