This is an analysis of the poem Waiting that begins with:
The other frogs consider me aloof
And mock each out-of-season mating call,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcbc ddddXdX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,7,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 0101010101 1111010101 1101111101 1111010100 1101000101 0110011111 1111010101 010101001 0101110111 0111010111 1111011111 0101110100 1110010101 1101010101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 276
- Average number of words per stanza: 49
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 39 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; for is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Waiting;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.