This is an analysis of the poem To A Painting Of Echo that begins with:
Foolish artist, why must you sketch my face
And hound a goddess eyes cannot detect?...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1010111111 1101011001 1101010111 1010010101 1101010101 1101001111 1110110111 0101111111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 327
- Average number of words per stanza: 60
- Amount of lines: 8
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of To A Painting Of Echo;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.