This is an analysis of the poem The Ancestors that begins with:
When the night's coming and the last light falls
A weak child among lost shadows on the floor,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XabacdbcddXeXdeX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 16,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1011010111 01101111101 0011001101 0111011001 1100010101 1001100101 01000100010 11001101001 0101010011 0101010111 1011010100 0111010101 0100010101 1101010101 1011111101 0001000101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 675
- Average number of words per stanza: 122
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Ancestors;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.