This is an analysis of the poem Aeneas At Washington that begins with:
I myself saw furious with blood
Neoptolemus, at his side the black Atridae,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXbcbadabXeaXfg Xhdf gXfddidjkij cjlkeXlhl
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 16,4,11,9,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111110001 10001010110 10010101011 11011001010 0101001111 0110010001 10000110011 1101110010 1101100101 1001010101 1100111101 0111100111 0011111011 1010011000 01001011100 10101000101 000100100100 11100100100 110101010 1110 110101 00101011100 1101010011 11010100011 11110101011 0111011101 110110010010 01010101010 001001100101 1101101101 11100101010 11001101111 100100111010 01011111111 1011100101 010001 100110 11010011010 1101111101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 304
- Average number of words per stanza: 56
- Amount of lines: 39
- Average number of symbols per line: 38 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i is repeated.
The author used the same word i at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Aeneas At Washington;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.