This is an analysis of the poem Sonnets Of The Blood Viii that begins with:
Not power nor the casual hand of God
Shall keep us whole in our dissevering air,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcdededff
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 11010100101 11110110001 0001010101 11010010101 1110011101 1011010101 11010111001 11100101001 1001010111 1101010101 1001011101 01001010001 1011011111 0101101111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 598
- Average number of words per stanza: 114
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sonnets Of The Blood Viii;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.