This is an analysis of the poem Idiot that begins with:
The idiot greens the meadow with his eyes,
The meadow creeps implacable and still;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab Xccc dcdc cece baba fgfg haha bXbf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 01001011001 0111010011 011010111 111011101 1010110110 1101110101 0011101111 01111010101 0011110101 1100010001 1111010101 01000011101 0101110011 1101110001 1001010101 01101010101 110010011 1111110101 10001011001 11010101101 01001000101 010111100 11010011111 1000010101 0101010101 0111010101 01001110001 1011010011 0111011011 1100110010 001110100111 10010100101
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 172
- Average number of words per stanza: 32
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; in is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words the, a are repeated.
The author used the same word the at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Idiot;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.