This is an analysis of the poem The Way Of The Master that begins with:
I know that the Master walked on earth,
For I've heard the tale of His human birth,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaBb ccdd eeff eeee ggee hhbb iihh ggdXXaaBb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 111010111 1110100101 111101111 110101111 111011111 1110111111 111111111 111101101 1111011101 1011101110 1110111010 0111001110 1110101001 010100101 1100111101 110110101 001011111 1011100111 1101010011 111101101 1110100001 111100101 1101101111 1010100101 1011100101 1110101101 0010101101 0010100101 111111101 0010100101 1010110101 1010011110 111010111 1110100101 111101111 110101111
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 165
- Average number of words per stanza: 33
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, and, that, his, of are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
The author used the same word i at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Way Of The Master;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.