This is an analysis of the poem By Wave And War that begins with:
Once again the ocean fulness,
Once again the daring leap,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XabacdXXdXd ef efcgXegXg bbXbXbhbbhb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 11,2,9,11,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10101010 1010101 111101010 1110101 11101110 1110101 10111010 10101010 0010011 1110101011100110 11111010111 10101010 1010101 11101110 1010111 11101110 10101001 10101110 10111010 1010101 101111100010011 11100110111 10101010 1010011 10101010 1011010 10101010 1010111 10101110 10101010 01010101 00101110001010010 10100010001
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 307
- Average number of words per stanza: 55
- Amount of lines: 33
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; that, and, i, they, of are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words once, all, and, there, through are repeated.
The author used the same word once at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of By Wave And War;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.