This is an analysis of the poem November Sunshine that begins with:
One figure flitting through my dreamland ways
Holds out dear hands and beckons me to go,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababbaba cdcddcdc acXccaca
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1101011111 1111110101 1101010101 1101010111 1101010001 1101011101 0101010101 10001111101 0101011101 01100010101 1001011101 01010101001 0101010101 1001011111 0101011111 0111111101 111100000 01100010111 1001011100 1001010111 1111000111 0101010101 0111010101 0101100011
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 348
- Average number of words per stanza: 58
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of November Sunshine;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.