This is an analysis of the poem Came Those Who Saw And Loved Her that begins with:
Came those who saw and loved her,
She was so fair to see!...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcccb adadaaad cbcbeeeb cfcfc X ccf ghghaaah ieieaaXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,5,1,3,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111110 111101 1111010 111111 1101110 0111010 0101010 010101 1101110 010101 1101010 110001 1111010 0100010 0101010 110101 1011010 111101 1101010 010101 1111110 11011010 0101010 110111 101010 10101 1101010 1001101 1101110 11 0101010 1111010 111111 1101010 010101 1101010 110111 0101010 0111010 1111010 110011 110111 101101 1100011 110111 1111010 1101110 1101110 1001110
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 153
- Average number of words per stanza: 27
- Amount of lines: 50
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; so, her, to, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words with, to, you are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines her is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Came Those Who Saw And Loved Her;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.