This is an analysis of the poem The Little Street that begins with:
Listen. The clop of wooden soles still sounds
along this crudely cobbled alleyway,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXaXbbacdccd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 13,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1001010111 0101010101 0100010100 111110101 0111101110 1001001101 1101110101 1101011101 0101000101 0101110101 11001111101 0111110101 1111010101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 561
- Average number of words per stanza: 93
- Amount of lines: 13
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Little Street;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.