This is an analysis of the poem To My Bones that begins with:
In my sleep it rips through
my meagre skin...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXa bcad XcX edX fX ffXX eXbXXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,4,3,3,2,4,6,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 011011 111 110110001 1110101 1100010001 110100 0111 10011010 101000101 101001110 0011100101 011100001000 10101001011 101010101 010101011100 1010011100 101011101 10010111001 100111011 10100010 1011000100 111 11 101 111 11101001101
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 101
- Average number of words per stanza: 19
- Amount of lines: 26
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, they, of are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words to, they are repeated.
The author used the same word they at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of To My Bones;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.