This is an analysis of the poem Rovigo that begins with:
ROVIGO STATION. Unclear associations. A drama of Goethe
or something from Byron. I traveled through Rovigo...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXabcdaXXeddXXaccXXbecadXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 28,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10010010101001001 1100101101100 11101010111101 10110010000010 11101001 0101101001101 110011101011001 10111101101000 10101001100010011010 1110100101 0010100110111 0101100110 101101101101 11101010 010101010 10010101101110001 010101010011110 1001110010010101010 010100100111010110 1110101011 01110001101001 1101010011111010 0100110111011111 1111000101 01001111101100 01001000100110 10101010010 11111011100100
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1376
- Average number of words per stanza: 245
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 48 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, rovigo are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word at is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Rovigo;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.