This is an analysis of the poem The Moralists that begins with:
You would extend the mind beyond the act,
Furious, bending, suffering in thin ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbaacca cadacd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,6,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1101010101 1001010001 110010110 1101000101 1101010101 1101110101 0111010001 1011010111 1111010001 1111010001 0101010101 1011010111 1101010101 0101010001
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 287
- Average number of words per stanza: 50
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Moralists;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.