This is an analysis of the poem The Sculptor that begins with:
When fixed his gaze upon the stone,
The artist saw a nymph inside, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abac debXe afacXdfddf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,5,10,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11010101 01010101 11011101 11000101 11101010 1110101 010111010 00110100 01011001 0011101010 110110101 100100010 01010101 010100010 100101001 1100101010 110101010 01000101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 151
- Average number of words per stanza: 28
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; his is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Sculptor;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.