This is an analysis of the poem Muse that begins with:
I did not blinded with the Muse, my dear:
She'll not be called the beauty, charming heart,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abaXcXXbdcdc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 12,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1011000111 1101010101 1101110101 1101001101 1111011101010 11011100100 1101010101 1011101001 110000010010 1101000101 110101010010 10100001001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 520
- Average number of words per stanza: 91
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; not, by, her are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word by is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Muse;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.