This is an analysis of the poem The Fickle Breeze that begins with:
Sighing softly to the river
Comes the loving breeze,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababacacaadd adadefefaabb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 12,12,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10100010 10101 10101010 10101 101010010 11101 10100110 11101 10101010 11101010 1011101 1110100 10101010 11101 11101010 10101 10101010 10111 10101010 11111 10111010 11101010 1010101 1010101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 336
- Average number of words per stanza: 62
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; river is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Fickle Breeze;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.