This is an analysis of the poem Andy Mcelroe that begins with:
My brother Andy said, that for a soldier he would go,
So great excitement came upon the house of McElroe....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbbXccaXDDaX ccaXXXaXDDaX eeaXXXaXddaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 13,12,12,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 11010111010111 110101010101 11010110011101 111010100011101 111101011100 111 101010100010101 01010101110101 011101010111 11110101110101 01010100010111 01011101011101 111101010101 110111001010101 11110100110101 11111100011101 0111110101010 11011111110101 1011110011100101 110100101010101 110101011101 11110101110101 01010100010111 01001001010111 110101011101 01011101011001 01010100010101 11110101110101 1101110011010 11110001110111 01010111010100 11110100111001 010101001101 111111110101001 01010100010111 11010101111101 010011001101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 675
- Average number of words per stanza: 124
- Amount of lines: 37
- Average number of symbols per line: 54 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 10
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; my, ', then, he are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines ' is repeated).
The poet repeated the same word mcelroe at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Andy Mcelroe;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.