This is an analysis of the poem Celestial Painting (Sunset At Renvyle) that begins with:
When painters leave this world, we grieve
For the hand that will work no more, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXabXXbacXc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 12,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11010111 10110111 111111110 1110101 111100111 1100101 11011111 0101111 1110111111 1100101 11011101 1010101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 447
- Average number of words per stanza: 81
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; that is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word that is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Celestial Painting (Sunset At Renvyle);
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.