This is an analysis of the poem Alcide that begins with:
Walking with Jesus the slow,
behind the beat. Mr. Resistance. ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXa abc bdX dbX bcXb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,3,3,3,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1001001 010110010 101100101 110101 01000001 11101110 011111 1110101 01011111 0100011 01010011 10011101 11101110 010101010 01010101 10110101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 99
- Average number of words per stanza: 19
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; mr is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word a is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Alcide;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.