This is an analysis of the poem Bedtime that begins with:
Usually I stay up late, my time
alone. Tonight at 9o I can tell ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXbXbcccXXcXdeeead
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 19,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 100111111 010111111 01001101 011101 1110111 0111011 0100111001 111101111 1011111 01100111 0011111 11110111 001110 101011 1111101 100111111 01010010010 1110101 011101111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 635
- Average number of words per stanza: 126
- Amount of lines: 19
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, and are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines me is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Bedtime;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.