This is an analysis of the poem In May that begins with:
Yes, I will spend the livelong day
With Nature in this month of May; ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbccddeeddf feeffeeaagg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 13,11,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110101001 01000101 11010111 11011111 11110111 10110111 11110111 11110101 000101101 11010111 11010101 01110101 01110011 10110111 01100101 00010001 11010111 11010101 11101101 10110101 101111001 01010101 11010101 010011101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 448
- Average number of words per stanza: 84
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of In May;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.