This is an analysis of the poem Sadness And Joy that begins with:
I pray you, Sadness, leave me soon,
In sweet invention thou art poor! ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcB Xada Xede cacaXabcB
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 11110111 01010111 11011111 111101 110010101 11110111 11010101 110101 11110111 01110101 111010101 111111 11110111 10111101 01010111 111111 11110111 11110111 11111101 111101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 138
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sadness And Joy;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.