This is an analysis of the poem Fort Wagner that begins with:
I.Glory unto the gallant boys who stood
At Wagner, and, unflinching, sought the van;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcd X eaeadfdf X ghgheiec X ededajaj i ikikldld i mnmnekek
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,1,8,1,8,1,8,1,8,1,8,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 10010010111 1101010101 1011110101 1111011101 11011111010 100100100101 01011101110 1111010101 1 11001111110 10110100111 10111111110 1111010001 11111101010 0111100111 010010111110 0111011101 1 11110001110 0100110001 111111110010 1101011101 11110011010 1101010110 11010111110 1111010100 1 11001010001 11010010001 1011010101 1101110001 0111111010 110001010010 01111101010 11110111010 1 1101110010 1111010101 1101011001 0101000101 010001010111 1101010101 1100110011 1011011101 1 1111010111 1101000111 1101010101 1111111101 11100101010 01010010111 01010101010 0111110101
- Amount of stanzas: 11
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 203
- Average number of words per stanza: 35
- Amount of lines: 55
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, they, thee are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Fort Wagner;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.