This is an analysis of the poem Hast Thou A Song For A Flower. that begins with:
HAST thou a song for a flower,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X abababXccc X XdXdXdXece
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,10,1,10,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1 11011010 1101001 110010110 01011001 110110110 11011101 11011000 001010101 110111010 1100111 1 100110110 10011001 101001110 10110111 01101110 01111001 11001110 11011011 0010011010 11111011
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 182
- Average number of words per stanza: 34
- Amount of lines: 22
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Hast Thou A Song For A Flower.;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.