This is an analysis of the poem After Experience Taught Me ... that begins with:
After experience taught me that all the ordinary
Surroundings of social life are futile and vain;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ab ac bd cX dX da ae ae aX bf fa bg gf hihi
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 100100111101010 010010111011 1100111010 101101111 10110011101 00110110011 101110101 101001001010 11010000111 0111101001 101110001 10110011100 101101010100 11101010100 110000101100 11010110111 110101010100 100010001110 110101011 1101110001 1110100110001 011001101000 1111100111 1111101101 10000101111 101010100001 11101111 101000101 110101001 111111
- Amount of stanzas: 14
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 101
- Average number of words per stanza: 16
- Amount of lines: 31
- Average number of symbols per line: 48 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; you, to are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of After Experience Taught Me ...;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.