This is an analysis of the poem Mementos, 1 that begins with:
Sorting out letters and piles of my old
Canceled checks, old clippings, and yellow note cards ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abaaaa aXbaXX bcadXa cXcXcd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1011011011 10111011011 1110111001 1101101111 101101011001 11110101 1111011111 1111110010 011101110110 111011101011 1111101001 1101110 110111110 10101011011 01101111110 0101101111 101010111 11011110 0111111001 01101001001 10111101001 101001001111 11111011011 1011011
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 295
- Average number of words per stanza: 50
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 48 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; our is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words and, i are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Mementos, 1;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.