This is an analysis of the poem Inscription For The Entrance To A Wood that begins with:
Stranger, if thou hast learned a truth which needs
No school of long experience, that the world ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcabbadXceXfaXXfXfbdabgcgXaabegXbeeXcbgee
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 42,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1001110111 11010100101 01011100111 0101010111 01010010011 1101010011 1101011011 1101111101 0111111101 0111100101 1111110101 10010101001 1101011101 01110100111 11001010011 0111010001 1100011111 0100010101 0100111101 11001011001 1111110011 110000110011 0101010111 0011010011 1011010101 110111101001 010101100 1101010101 101110010101 1101010111 1101011111 0111010101 1101000100 11111101001 0101110101 10010010001 0011010101 1001111101 1101010011 1101011101 1111110111 1001110101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1975
- Average number of words per stanza: 352
- Amount of lines: 42
- Average number of symbols per line: 46 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, of, in are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word that is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Inscription For The Entrance To A Wood;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.