This is an analysis of the poem To Giovanni Salzilli, A Roman Poet, In His Illness. Scazons (Translated From Milton) that begins with:
My halting Muse, that dragg'st by choice along
Thy slow, slow step, in melancholy song!... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbccddXeccffgghhbbeebbddiijjddbbXeeedd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 40,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 1101111101 1111010101 1111010011 11110101 1001110101 1101010101 0110010101 0101011111 11110111010 0011110101 110100101 10100010101 0101011001 01010001001 0101010001 1101011101 1010010101 0101110111 1110010101 1101011111 0101001101 11110111001 1101011001 1101011101 1011011101 1011110101 1101011111 0101111101 0110001111 1111011101 1100011101 1101011001 1001010101 0101011001 10010101010 0110011101 1101010101 0101110001 1101000101 1101011101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1734
- Average number of words per stanza: 300
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, to, her are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word to is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of To Giovanni Salzilli, A Roman Poet, In His Illness. Scazons (Translated From Milton);
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.