This is an analysis of the poem The Tears Of A Painter that begins with:
Apelles, hearing that his boy
Had just expired--his only joy!... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbccdXeeffeeggggXhiiiihhddggjj
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 32,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 10010101 11010101 110101011 110101011 11010101 11111011 11111101 01000101 11000111 10010101 11010101 11110101 01010101 11111101 11011111 00110001 11011101 01010101 11010110 01011101 010101011 11010111 11011001 01010001 11000101 01010011 11010101 01010001 11011101 11010011 11111101 10111111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1105
- Average number of words per stanza: 210
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; his, ', thy are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines him is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Tears Of A Painter;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by William Cowper
- Analysis of The Moralizer Corrected. A Tale
- Analysis of The Love Of The World Reproved: Or, Hypocrisy Detected
- Analysis of The Valediction