This is an analysis of the poem The Love Of The World Reproved: Or, Hypocrisy Detected that begins with:
Thus says the prophet of the Turk;
Good musselman, abstain from pork!... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbbbccddeee ffeegghh eeffffiijjeeiibb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 13,8,16,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11010001 01000101 100101001 11110001 1110001010 110101010 110001001 11110111 11010101 11010101 11111101 11111101 11010101 11010101 11010101 11110001 11100101 11011101 11000101 110101001 10001101 11110101 11111101 01010101 11010101 11110001 01110111 11110111 11110001 11010101 11010101 011101110 111101010 11010111 11011111 010011110 110101110
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 431
- Average number of words per stanza: 78
- Amount of lines: 37
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Love Of The World Reproved: Or, Hypocrisy Detected;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.