This is an analysis of the poem The Rose that begins with:
The rose had been washed, just washed in a shower
Which Mary to Anna conveyed;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cdcd Xbeb cbcb efef
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 01101110010 11001001 010010010010 11101001 01111101011 101001001 01101011001 101001101 11001001101 1010011011 11001011001 11001001 11101001001 11101001 01001011001 01001001 01001111001 111001001 101101001011 101001101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 160
- Average number of words per stanza: 30
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 39 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; it is repeated.
The author used the same word the at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Rose;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.