This is an analysis of the poem The Light And Glory Of The Word that begins with:
The Spirit breathes upon the word,
And brings the truth to sight; ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cdcd ebeb dfdf ghgh
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 01010101 110101 11110001 01001 01010101 010101 010101001 011101 01110101 010111 01010101 111101 11010101 110101 11010101 0101001 11100001 010111 11010111 010101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 119
- Average number of words per stanza: 21
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Light And Glory Of The Word;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.