This is an analysis of the poem Sonnet To George Romney, Esq. On His Picture Of Me In Crayons that begins with:
Romney, expert infallibly to trace
On chart of canvas, not the form alone... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbaabbacdcdee
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1010100001 1101010101 1101110101 01010111001 011111001 11110011111 0011011101 01010001001 1011110101 0101000101 1111010101 1110010101 1011110111 1111011101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 585
- Average number of words per stanza: 104
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sonnet To George Romney, Esq. On His Picture Of Me In Crayons;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.