This is an analysis of the poem Sonnet Vi. (Translated From Milton) that begins with:
Enamour'd, artless, young, on foreign ground,
Uncertain whither from myself to fly,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbaabbaaXaXcc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 10001011101 0101001101 0111001101 1101111111 1101110101 0101000101 11010111001 0101001101 1101010111 0111110101 1101011101 00010111001 1101001101 111110001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 587
- Average number of words per stanza: 103
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, from are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sonnet Vi. (Translated From Milton);
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by William Cowper
- Analysis of Stanzas Subjoined To The Yearly Bill Of Mortality Of The Parish Of All-Saints, Northampton. Anno Domini 1787
- Analysis of Stanzas Subjoined To The Yearly Bill Of Mortality Of The Parish Of All-Saints, Northampton. Anno Domini 1788
- Analysis of Stanzas Subjoined To The Yearly Bill Of Mortality Of The Parish Of All-Saints, Northampton. Anno Domini 1793