This is an analysis of the poem God Hides His People that begins with:
To lay the soul that loves him low,
Becomes the Only–wise:... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXab cdcd Xbcb efef bgbg hghg hbhb Xeie ijij kckc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01011111 010100 01010101 010001 11011101 110111 01110101 110011 100111100 010101 11010101 110111 11010101 011101 010000101 110001 11000111 010011 11011101 010001 10110100 111101 11110011 110101 11010101 011101 10011001 110111 11010100 001101 110010101 010101 11010001 111101 01011101 110101 11011101 100101 11111101 111001
- Amount of stanzas: 10
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 120
- Average number of words per stanza: 22
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of God Hides His People;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by William Cowper
- Analysis of Charity
- Analysis of Apology To Delia
- Analysis of On A Goldfinch, Starved To Death In His Cage