This is an analysis of the poem Apology To Delia that begins with:
This evening, Delia, you and I,
Have managed most delightfully,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbccX ccbddb eecaac ffXggb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01010111 11010100 1001110 10011101 11101101 1101000 11110111 11010111 1111010 01010101 11110111 1110010 11100101 11010101 100101 11111001 11111101 011101 101111001 01011101 1101100 11010101 01110101 1101010
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 183
- Average number of words per stanza: 34
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; we is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Apology To Delia;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.