This is an analysis of the poem Epode that begins with:
In earliest Grece to Thee with partial Choice,
The Grief-full Muse addrest her infant Tongue; ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cdcd aeae fXfX gfgf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 01001010101 0111100101 0111010101 1011010101 1101110111 0101010101 1101110101 11010101001 1101110101 11011010101 01001110101 1111010101 10110110101 10110111010 1101010101 1101011101 1111111101 11010101101 1101010101 1101000111
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 189
- Average number of words per stanza: 32
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 47 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Epode;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.