This is an analysis of the poem The Poet Pleads With The Elemental Powers that begins with:
THE Powers whose name and shape no living creature knows
Have pulled the Immortal Rose;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbccddeebbffgghh
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 18,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 0101111110101 1100101 110101101111 010101 0101110100101 101101 11001011111010 01010010 010011110001 111111 011101110101 010111 1100101101100 1011001 11110111111 010101 110101010101 100111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 716
- Average number of words per stanza: 133
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 39 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Poet Pleads With The Elemental Powers;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.