This is an analysis of the poem The Death of Cuchulain that begins with:
The harlot sang to the beggar-man.
I meet them face to face,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcbXcdccadaXXde efbfaggg faXabada
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 16,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 010100101 110101 10100101 111101 0111011011 1011101 110010111 110111 1111110 111101 01110011 110101 1111110 111110 11011101 110111 111110111 110100 1100110 011100 1110010 111111 11100101 111111 1101010 110101 111110101 010001 01010101 1100101 11011010 100101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 341
- Average number of words per stanza: 60
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Death of Cuchulain;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.